Driver Jobs in Kenya
Driver jobs in Kenya come in various categories requiring various skills and have different remunerations.
Driving in traffic is more than just knowing how to operate the mechanisms which control the vehicle; it requires knowing how to apply the rules of the road (which govern safe and efficient sharing with other users). An effective driver also has an intuitive understanding of the basics of vehicle handling and can drive responsibly.
Driving can be viewed as both mental and physical exercise:
Driving as a physical skill.
In terms of the basic physical tasks required, a driver must be able to control direction, acceleration, and deceleration. For motor vehicles, the detailed tasks include:
* Starting the vehicle's engine with the starting system
* Setting the transmission to the correct gear
* Depressing the pedals with one's feet to accelerate, slow, and stop the vehicle, and if the vehicle is equipped with a manual transmission, to modulate the clutch
* Steering the vehicle's direction with the steering wheel
* Operating other important ancillary devices such as the indicators, headlights, and windshield wipers
Driving as a mental skill.
Driving as a mental skill is like a constantly re-adjusting flowchart.
Avoiding or successfully handling an emergency driving situation can involve the following skills:
* Making good decisions based on factors such as road and traffic conditions
* Evasive maneuvering
* Proper hand placement and seating position
* Skid control
* Steering and braking techniques
* Understanding vehicle dynamics
Here are some of the most common driver jobs in Kenya:
Ambulance operator jobs in Kenya
Bus Conductor jobs in Kenya
NGO driver jobs in Kenya
Contract driver jobs in Kenya
Tour Guide driver jobs in Kenya
See other popular job categories in Kenya here
From driver jobs in Kenya back to home page.