Contract Driver Jobs in Kenya
Contract driver jobs in Kenya as the name suggests are temporary and arise in seasons.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, Administration or transport Section, the Driver shall perform driving duties and general clerical work.
The contract driver position maybe based in a particular town or shall involve extensive travel to all parts of Kenya depending on the nature of the work. The Driver shall undertake the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Perform driving duties for the institution, including long distance trips.
• Maintain vehicles in good working condition and report mechanical problems.
• Carry out basic mechanical repairs.
• Schedule regular maintenance and repairs.
• Collection and delivery of documents and mail.
• Ensure vehicles’ cleanliness.
• Prepare weekly or monthly vehicle expenditure reports by updating Fleet Manager database with the current month’s data during the term of the contract.
• Check and ensure that work tickets and other forms used in keeping vehicle records are completed on a daily basis
• Keep transport records
• Track and report on time when renewal of insurance and road licenses are due
• Assist officers while in the field (i.e. counting construction materials during physical verification exercises, taking dimensions of building structures, offloading goods, customer relations etc)
• Perform general office clerical duties (i.e. photocopying, faxing, banking, document retrieval and filing, etc) as directed during off-peak periods.
• Occasionally assist in manning the office reception area
• Perform any other duty as maybe assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• Level education, Grade C- or its equivalent
• Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license of at least 3 years without endorsements
• Might be required to undergo Automobile Association of Kenya Driving Competence Test to ascertain competence.
• Must have experience with 4-wheel drive motor vehicles
• Must have practical skills in motor vehicle maintenance
• Must be presentable, service minded and be prepared to work long hours in the field
• Experience working in development programmes, sales and marketing and PSV driving would be an added advantage.
• Hands on basic computer knowledge and experience in MS Word, Excel and Fleet Manager computer packages is a requirement
Back to Driver Jobs in Kenya main page
See other popular job categories in Kenya here
From contract driver jobs in Kenya back to Home page.