NGO driver jobs in Kenya
NGO driver jobs in Kenya general Position Summary:
The driver will provide safe, transport services for staff and operation equipments in Kenya. The driver will adhere to all traffic and The NGO safety rules and follow the transport guidelines outlined in the fleet manual.
**Note**Most NGOs in Kenya operate in hardship areas where sometimes even roads and bridges are non existent.
Essential Job Functions:
• Operate NGO vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
• Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with NGO policies/regulations;
• Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistics department;
• Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised.
• Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
• Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
• Assist, as required, with logistics, program and admin functions in the field;
• Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors whenever necessary;
• Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
• Adherence to all NGO policies and procedures as outlined in NGO's policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the NGO and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Reports Directly To: Logistics Officer
• Works Directly With: Operations department Logistics, Administrative, program & Finance
Knowledge and Experience:
• Valid driver’s license
• At least 3 years experience driving in Semi arid regions.
• First Aid Course and with proven experience in First Aid management.
• Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules.
• Understanding of written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required.
• Extensive Knowledge of routings in Arid areas.
• Certificate of Good Conduct.
• Basic Motor Vehicle Mechanic course required.
• Effective time management skills including priority setting and responding to short notice travel requests.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills including:
• Able to work on weekends.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable, flexible and a committed person.
Back to Driver Jobs in Kenya main page
See other popular job categories in Kenya here
NGO driver jobs in Kenya back to home page