As an Ambulance Operator jobs in Kenya, your responsibility is to provide transportation services and EMT support for the professional firefighting and paramedic personnel at the fire department or hospital or institution for which you work.
You drive the institution's ambulance vehicle used in response to medical emergencies, accidents, natural disasters, and fire incidents of all types.
You're a key part of the team helping the public in time of emergency, as well as participating in educational and community relations efforts on behalf of your institution.
Main Responsibilities for Ambulance Operator Jobs in Kenya:
• Maintain the ambulance in the most efficient operating condition ensuring proper cost management
• Timely and safe patient rescue and evacuation
• At all times ensure proper maintenance of ambulances
• Receipt and handover cash payments for ambulance rescue services
• Ensure the vehicle is in proper mechanical condition by performing daily unit checklist
• Assist Paramedic or doctor whenever required.
• Proper incident command while on a rescue mission
The driver will have unit based duties to perform during downtime. Such duties will be base specific and will be per the direction of the base manager to include, but not be limited to:vehicle care, maintenance, and assisting in hospital departments primarily the Emergency Department.
ED duties may entail: answering call lights, vital signs, room turnover, patient transport, clerical duties, and other patient care aspects specific to the Emergency Department per RN delegation.
There may be other duties assigned as well. Performance evaluations will be conducted by the base manager with input from the department managers of the units where non-transport time duties are performed.
Minimum Requirements for Ambulance driver Jobs in Kenya:
• Emergency Medical Technician certificate
• Certificate in Basic Life Support, Basic Trauma Life Support, Advanced Cardiac
• Life support or Advanced Trauma Life Support added advantage
• Must have a minimum of five years experience as a driver with a clean driving record
• Additional qualification within the medical industry is an added advantage
• Two (2) years experience as an ambulance operator will be an added advantage