Bus Conductor Jobs In Kenya have a range of responsibilities, which include collecting fares, issuing tickets, helping passengers with baggage, advising on destinations and ensuring the safety of passengers. There is some paperwork involved, for instance when recording fares, checking timetables and counting money.
Hours are irregular and may involve some weekends and shift work. The driver and conductor work together as part of a team.
The conductor will be expected to stand for prolonged periods.
Training varies between companies and may depend on the applicant's past experience.
The usual period of training is two to four weeks. It may be possible to work towards a PSV qualification.
Skills and Interests:
To be a bus conductor, you should:
• be reliable and punctual, be of smart appearance
• be physically fit - able to climb stairs, stand and lift luggage, have good communication skills
• be numerate - able to calculate quickly and accurately, have an awareness of safety issues
• have the ability to operate a payment system.
• To report daily on time and immediately prepare the work plan for the day.
• Ensure Bus conform safety standards and advising clients to belt up.
• Ensuring no unauthorized persons or goods on board;
• Ensure Cleanliness, tidiness of all company vehicles at all times;
• Maintain log book of the Km’s and journeys made daily;
• To be in full company uniform while on official duties;
• Being courteous to clients and carrying the company image on board
• Issuing and checking receipts on board
Minimum qualifications required:
• Age : Between 21yrs -45yrs old.
• Education : Minimum KCSE C-
• Experience : Minimum 3 years driving of large PS.V Buses.
• Previous experience as conductor desirable
• Holder of valid driving license ( Classes A,B,C &E), will have an added advantage
• Licenses : A valid P.S.V License. Certificate of Good Conduct, Testimonials from previous employers.