Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya.
Finance Assistant jobs in Kenya Overall objective of the position.
To support the finance manager in management and accountability of transactionsTo ensure smooth running of Merlin finance procedures.The incumbent reports to Finance Officer.
Key responsibilities of Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya:
• To prepare cheque payments, which will include making sure that all invoices presented for payment have the relevant supporting documentation with the account to confirm correct codes.
• To maintain and upkeep accounting files, making sure on a daily basis that all relevant accounts documents are filed correctly and timely.
• To check petty cash vouchers – by liaising with the Finance Officer to ensure that vouchers match entries and to check that they are correctly coded before posting.
• To post cashbook up to date at all times with records of all expenditure and to verify the same with regular cash counts. To ensure the receipts are clearly labeled and filed for all such transactions.
• To assist the Finance Officer ensure that the company staff receive per diems and night out allowance as per terms of service and to give the necessary information to the Finance Officer to allow both payment of taxes and reimbursement of expenses.
• To assist in stock taking in at both the site and the field at regular intervals.
• To assist the Finance Officer in banking and collecting statements from the bank.
• To post and maintain the vehicle job cards and fuel records and bill for mileage.
• To assist the Finance Officer in the preparation of cash forecasts and reports.
• To do bank and ledger reconciliation.
• To monitor advances and loans ledger.
• To occasionally travel to the field and branch to assist with the management of Imprests and drawing on reports for the use in the office.
• To maintain confidentiality and security as regards Human Resources and the company finances.
• To perform any other duties that the Finance Officer considers relevant to your skills and position.
Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya key Competencies:
• Knowledge of accounting systems both manual and computerized
• Middle leave accountancy background – CPA 2 (at least), but CPA 3 desirable
Ability and skills.
• Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Word
• Ability to pay great attention to detail
• A high level of numeracy skills
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Ability to work to deadlines and if necessary work long hours when deadlines are tight
• 1 yrs experience in similar position
• Knowledge of report writing.
Check this latest Finance assistant jobs in Kenya here
More Finance Jobs here
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...