Credit Controller Jobs in Kenya
Credit Controller jobs in Kenya Role Objectives.
To effectively manage the company’s credit control policy and minimize overdue trade debtor’s balances, to ensure continued liquidity to meet company obligations and to ensure that all debtors’ accounts are fully reconciled at all times.
Credit Controller jobs in Kenya Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to regularly follow up all outstanding debts for specific customer accounts with the respective sales staff and report problem accounts to the Finance Manager.
• To verify facts of all sales returns before passing a credit note. Ensure that all supporting documentations are duly authorized and factual before processing of a credit note. Ensure credit notes are passed and posted on a timely basis to update stock records.
• Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of the credit control department.
• Maintain records of all customers in a file (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips, copies of withholding VAT and any manner of correspondences with the customer) and ensure that the same is filed system and in order for ease of traceability.
• Ensure on a daily basis that the accounts copies are received at the end of every day with clear evidence of delivery to the customer to prevent future disputes.
• Ensure that all documentation necessary during audit is prepared on time and forwarded to the Financial Accountant for inclusion in the audit file.
• Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
• Meet cash and debtor day targets set by the firm
• Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
• Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
• Regular meetings with debtors to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtness.
• Ensures that all transactions are compliant with tax legislation.
• Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
• Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
• Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
• Propose write off of irrecoverable debts.
• Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
• Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
• Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
• Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
• Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
Minimum Requirements for credit controller jobs in Kenya.
• A university degree in a business related field, CPA /ACCA or a diploma in credit management will be added advantage.
• 2 yrs collections experience; knowledge of Billing and collections procedure.
• The ideal candidate shall have previous experience dealing with high volume calling and hitting monthly targets.
Key skills and competencies;
• Strong attention to detail,
• goal oriented
• Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
• A self starter who is proactive and can set and achiever goals
• A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
Browse hot Credit Controller Jobs in Kenya here
More Accounting and Finance Jobs here
Move back to home page
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...