The Chief Finance Officer is responsible for leading and directing the timely and efficient delivery of support services to the business which includes: financial management and procurement, investment management and risk management.
Primary Responsibilities of Chief Finance Officer jobs in Kenya.
Monitoring, Controlling and Reporting.
• Formulating annual budgets in close relation with departments for Board approval
• Analyze and forecast critical financial performance indicators such as cash flow, cost controls and actual figures against budgets / targets. Convey these analyses to the CEO, the Board Business Committee, and recommend on corrective actions where needed
• Analyze and review aged accounts, accounts receivable and make recommendations for improvement
• Analyze and recommend methods to improve cost effectiveness
• Ensure adherence to limits contained in signed agreements with shareholders, financiers, clients and other key partners
• Ensuring optimal investment of excess funds to maximize investment income
• Present the financial performance reports to the BoardSupporting Business
• Contribute to strategic planning and development as a member of the executive team
• Contribute to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy
• Assesses the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas, and pinpoint potential weak areas
• Represent the company to financial partners and other investor relations. Provide financial updates, reports and equity/debt tracking
• Act as the principal contact officer in dealing with banks and financial institutions with respect to credit terms, funding and communicating the company’s performance to themOverseeing Accounting Systems and Procedures
• Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning
• Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company
• Oversee the coordination and activities of the external auditor and ensure all audit issues are resolved
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
• Review and improve finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures
• Develop and implement risk management policies Managing finance department
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
• Manage, motivate, recruit, select and evaluate financial staff
• Provide guidance and training to financial staff in order to further improve their overall financial knowledgeSkills and Requirements
Chief Finance Officer jobs in Kenya Qualifications.
• A bachelors and a masters degree from a recognized University; in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Economics or Finance
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Chief Finance Officers experience requirements.
• Minimum 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in senior management
• Minimum 5 years experience in service industry
• Experience working in a fast growing environment
Key Competencies for chief finance officer jobs in Kenya:
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
• Ability to generate professional written reports
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...