The purpose of Accounts payable accountant jobs in Kenya is to improve and take a lead role in processing of suppliers accounts in the systems, undertaking timely reconciliations of payables and enhancing internal controls pertaining to purchase ledger and accounts payables process of the company.
This position also involves timely payment of utility bills and strict observance of statutory payments when they fall due.
Accounts payable accountant jobs in Kenya Duties and Responsibilities.
• Monthly contra accounts reconciliations with liaison to accounts receivable and follow up
• Receive supplier’s invoices, attach necessary support documents, code, analyze take for approval and input accurately in the system.
• File systematically in an orderly manner supplier’s invoices awaiting payment after processing in the system.
• Under the direction of the senior accountant, prepare payments for suppliers and statutory payments.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of supplier’s accounts and submit to Senior Accountant for review.
• Assist in balance sheet reconciliations.
• Regular participation in stock take under the direction of senior accountant.
• Assist in processing stocks GRN.
• Liaise with credit control on suppliers who are also customers so that convenient arrangement on exchange of cheques are agreed.
• Work closely with the MA, stock controller and senior accountant on month end closure processes.
• Circulate cheques raised for signing and dispatched to drawer ensuring proper recording.
• Undertake other tasks as may be delegated by management.
• Analyze the telephone bills ensuring accuracy and advise senior accountant on possible misuse.
• Analyze fuel usage and assist in compiling the fuel consumption fleet report
• Analyze and post petty cash vouchers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accounts payable accountant jobs in Kenya Qualification
• CPA (K) gained from a reputable learning institution.
• 2 Year accounts payable experience gained from a reputable company in a strict deadline environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Result oriented, energetic go getter ready to face new challenges.
• Good computer skills and excel spreadsheet working knowledge.
• Team player, versatility required in order to handle other tasks in the accounts department.
• Able to work extra hours at month end in order to complete outstanding accounting processes essential for month end closure.
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...