The Accounts Assistant jobs in Kenya are responsible for assisting and providing administrative support to team of accountants within a business. This includes clerical tasks such as typing reports, filing, handling phone calls, dealing with mail and low level book keeping
Main responsibilities of Accounts Assistant Jobs in Kenya:
• Daily updating the accountancy according to the chief accountant or Finance manager.
• Collaboration for preparing documents for financial/annual audits
• Maintain petty cash ledger of the office, under the supervision of the chief accountant or finance manager.
• cash and bank monthly reconciliation.
• Keeping the count of paid leave/holiday for the staff.
• Prepare the payroll and making payment of salaries to employees and unskilled workers.
• Making calculation and payments of the local taxes and contribution by the proper deadline (NSSF, NHIF, etc.)
• Keeping him/herself updated about the local Labour Law Act and local taxes and contributions.
• Support the chief accountant/finance manager in filling the yearly office assets inventory.
• Payments to suppliers after the payments have been approved.
• Payment of vehicles insurance, licence renewal and maintenance (under logistician’ suggestion) for company's vehicles
• Regularly check the correct filling of the Log Books, tittles and other documents of ownership of company's assets.
• Preparing the documentation for VAT and import and excise duty follow up the process.
• Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper way according to company's procedures.
• Receiving and making payments, recording, photocopying and filing of financial documents
• Prepare financial requests
• Undertaking data entry into the accounting software
• Preparing clients’ statements on a monthly basis
• Data entry for bank reconciliation statements in the accounting software
• Raising and issuing of cheques
• Ensuring information and knowledge management through filing and safe custody of documents.
• Any other duty assigned by the chief accountant or Finance manager.
Accounts Jobs in Kenya Key skills requirements:
• Numeric calculations
• Being professional and thorough
• Taking initiative
• Handling stress
• Being a team player
• Being discrete, trustworthy and reliable
• Information technology proficient.
• Ability to multi-task.
Accounts Assistant Jobs in Kenya Qualifications:
• Degree in relevant field: accounting, finance, economics, administration.
• Minimum professional accounting qualification of CPA II or ACCA level II.
• Two years experience in a similar position.
• Be conversant with accounting systems such as quick books, sage and computer literates with certificates in relevant computer package.
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...