Head of Finance and strategy jobs in Kenya.
Head of Finance and Strategy jobs in Kenya requires the incumbent to be responsible for formulating and implementing the Bank’s strategy as well as providing value adding financial management information to the Executive and the Board of Directors.
The position holder reports to the Chief Finance Officer.
Key responsibilities for Head of Finance and strategy jobs in Kenya will be:
• Developing and implementing the company's strategy.
• Providing leadership in the development of continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the company.
• Evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning and reviewing of strategies and the regulatory implications.
• Providing recommendation to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
• Developing the company’s operating plans and financial budgets to support these plans.
• Leading the company’s management team and managing the processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting.
• Implementing the company’s corporate scorecard and leading management team in development of departmental scorecards aligned to the corporate scorecard.
• Ensuring credibility of the Finance and strategy function by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
• Taking a lead in preparation of financial management information for the Board.
• Reviewing of financial reports and ensuring that they comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Preparation of accurate and timely statutory financial reports.
• Taking a hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive product cost and profitability system.
• Coordinating activities of external service providers including external auditors; regulator; insurance brokers and underwriters.
• Leading and managing a team of accountants and performance analyst.
The Ideal Candidate for the Head of Finance and strategy jobs in Kenya should have;
• Minimum of 8 years working experience 5 of which should have been in a senior finance or strategy role.
• Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or similar discipline.
• Masters degree in Business management or Finance or economics.
• Professional qualifications of CPA (K) or ACCA.
Competencies required for this Role of Head of Finance and strategy:
• Strategic thinking and visionary
• Strong leadership skills
• Solid financial and commercial acumen
• Strong analytical and highly developed IT skills
• Ability to build strong teams and achieve work through teams
• Initiative, drive and able to work under pressure.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Good negotiating skills and persuasive.
Browse here for Head of Finance and strategy jobs in Kenya.
More finance jobs categories here
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...