Accounting administrator jobs in Kenya require the holder to perform data entry when needed. The accounting administrator also performs all necessary bookkeeping, including closing books.
Accounting administrator jobs in Kenya also require the person to perform all accounting work related to taxes, including the end-of-year tax financing. In larger institutions, many accounting administrators fulfill managerial roles, overseeing a staff of professional accountants, assigning duties to staff members, and evaluating and training entry-level accountants.
Accounting administrators jobs in Kenya duties and responsibilities.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Handle Accounts Receivables - generate invoices, reconcile accounts and follow up on payments from clients
• Ensure office cleanliness - liaise with office cleaner to ensure that cleanliness is maintained
• Office supplies - ensure that office supplies are procured in a timely manner
• Petty cash - disburse and reconcile in a timely fashion
• Manage and administer leave applications
Accounting administrators jobs in Kenya Skills and Qualifications required.
• a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
• A qualified accountant (CPA-K or ACCA)
• be proficient with accounting software.
• Excellent planning skills.
• Have great Organizational skills.
• projects and staff members.
• Essential Communication skills.
• A minimum of year experience in a busy environment.
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...