Accountants and auditors help to ensure that firms are run efficiently, records kept accurately, and taxes paid properly and on time.
They analyze and communicate financial information for various entities such as companies, individual clients, and Federal, State, and local governments.
Beyond carrying out the fundamental tasks of the occupation—providing information to clients by preparing, analyzing, and verifying financial documents—many accountants also offer budget analysis, financial and investment planning, information technology consulting, and limited legal services.
Accountant jobs in Kenya key duties.
• Responsible for financial accounting, analysis and reporting,
• Assist the company to prepare the annual budget.
• Budget monitoring and reporting, following up on the budget versus actual variance analysis,
• Prepare financial reports and schedules for the internal and annual audits,
• Manage and build capacities of the finance department staff through training and mentorship,
• Perform or cause to be performed monthly reconciliations of Sub Ledgers to the General Ledger – Bank, debtor, staff, creditor, intercompany, fixed assets, inventory and cash flow projections,
• Accurately maintain the Fixed Asset Register and perform monthly fixed asset reconciliations to the General Ledger by generating schedules of plant, property and equipment movement every month against the General Ledger,
• Generate the periodic reports and analysis of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, cash flow Statements,
• Periodically examine restricted funds financial reports to ensure their accuracy and compliance of their contents against financial performance, physical progress indicators and compliance with the restricted grant agreements,
• Maintain all financial files and records safely, securely and accurately,
• Evaluate and examine internal controls, policies, procedures and systems put in place to ensure these are operating optimally to protect the assets of the organization, integrity of financial information and the efficient and effective use of resources at the office,
• Maintain a working relationship with external auditors, manage the annual audit process and develop action plans on annual audit findings and response to management letter issues,
• Regularly review transactions to ensure they are coded to their correct account codes and cost centers and follow laid down workflows as specified in the ERP.
Accountant jobs in Kenya qualifications.
• Minimum qualifications should finance related degree.
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant
• At least 5 years post qualification experience in an accounting/finance environment.
Key skills and competences for accountant jobs in Kenya.
• Meticulous and attentive to details with strong analytical skills able to discern financial information
• Must have in depth understanding of accounting systems and principles
• Hands on and self driven strategic thinker who is creative and innovative
• Strong computer skills – MS Office and accounting software
• Capable planner, manager and team, player with good leadership and managerial skills able to communicate effectively and work both vertically and horizontally in a cross functional environment.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Well, there is more to this job than the above. Share with other your Experiences;
Many of us have have varied experience about this job. Please feel free to share with all here. How is it like being in this position, what are the rewards, what are the challenges and how did u overcome them...