Membership to KeMU library is open to various categories-students, staff and the members of the public in the surrounding community. Library membership to the community is in line with the university's mission of providing service to the community.
Application form for the library membership can be obtained from the Reference and Information Desk or Circulation Counter. To qualify to be a member of the library, please fill in all the details required. Attach a passport size photograph and a photocopy of your Identification Card.
KeMU Library Fines and Charges.
Overdue fines• Circulation collection @ Kshs.3.00 per day per item book required by another reader will be recalled and should be returned within 7 days. Failure to which a fine of Kshs.3.00 per day will be charged accordingly.
• Short loan collection @ Kshs.5.00 per hour.
• Replace cost for lost or mutilated materials shall be charged at market rate plus 20% processing fee.
• Loss of readers ticket and Luggage Identification Tag will be charged at a replacement fee of Kshs.20 each
• Binding Stripe binding fee @ Kshs.60 per volume Spiral binding fee at Kshs.60 per volume.
• Membership fee.
KeMU Library Hours of Service
During The Semester
Monday - Friday 8.00 am to 10.00 pm
Saturday 9.00 am to 4.00pm
During The Intersession
Monday - Friday 8.00 am to 06.00 pm
Saturday 9.00 am to 4.00pm
During The Vacation
Monday - Friday 9.00 am to 04.00 pm
SUNDAYS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS CLOSED
BORROWING (LOAN PERIOD)
No of Book 10
No of Book 5
No of Book 5
No of Book 3
No of Book 2
External Users Conditional
KeMU Digital Library.
The department has two sub-sections namely:
1. The Electronics Services
2. The Audiovisuals Section
The department is tasked with the provision of information materials and services that are in non-paper format, namely:
1. Online Journals (link to online journal Resources) – Resources that Kenya Methodist University has registered for:
• Acoustical Society of America
• American Institute of Physics
• American Physical Society
• Annual Reviews
• Beech Tree Publishing
• British Psychological Society (BPS)
• Cambridge University Press - Cambridge Journals Online
• EBSCO Host
• Emerald Publishing Group Limited
• Gale (Thomson Learning) - Academic ASAP and Health & Wellness Resource Center
• Geological Society
• IOP Publishing
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
• Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers
• NPG (Nature and Palgrave Macmillan Journals) (as subscribed)
• Nature Publishing Group
• OSA - Optical Society of America
• Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development - Source OECD
• Oxford University Press - ebooks (as subscribed)
• Project MUSE
• Royal College of Physicians
• Royal Society - Royal Society Journals Online
• Royal Society for Chemistry - RSC Journals Online
• Symposium Journals
• University of California Press - Caliber
• University of Chicago Press
• Wiley-Blackwell - former Interscience content
• Wiley-Blackwell - former Synergy content
• World Bank Africa Development Indicators
• World Bank Global Economic Monitor
• World Bank Online Resources (as subscribed)
2. KeMU Library Electronic Books:
KeMU has subscribed to Electronic Books (e-books) in order to boost and diversify information services to its clients (Staff and Students).
To obtain your login credentials (User Name & Password), send your Name and Registration Number ( i.e. for Students) or your Personal File Number (PF) and Name (i.e. for Staff Members) to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Web OPAC
The Web OPAC is a tool that user can employ is accessing and browsing the library collection (catalogue). Using this facility, users can access, query and navigate through the library catalogue to check on materials available, the loan status of material, hold or reserve materials.Users can also search and download past examination papers.
4. Convectional Web Search and Internet Browsing.
The digital library also offer our clients access terminals for internet browsing.
5. E-mail Accounts Management.
6. ICT Training and Hands-On Assistance to Users.
The digital library also endeavors to strengthen the users skills to enable them exploit to the maximum the electronic information resources available. To this end, the department offers hands on training and occasionally organizes workshops and seminars to equip the users on search, access, retrieval and dissemination of electronic information resources.
Back to KeMU main page
See other Public Universities in Kenya here
From KeMU Library back to Home Page