Kasneb CICT syllabus
Kasneb CICT syllabus outlook:
The CICT examination is held twice yearly in June and December. The examination is divided into three parts of two sections each and an information systems project. Each section consists of three papers.
A candidate may attempt two sections in a part together or separately in ascending order but before proceeding to the next part, a candidate must pass the lower part. Similarly, a candidate must successfully complete Part III before undertaking the information systems project.
The following are the papers contained in each part of the CICT examination:
1. Introduction to Computing
2. Computer Applications (Theory)
3. Computer Applications (Practical)
4. Entrepreneurship and Communication
5. Operating Systems (Theory)
6. Operating Systems (Practical)
7. Financial Accounting
8. Computer Support and Maintenance
9. Database Systems
10. Structured Programming
11. System Analysis and Design
12. Object Oriented Programming
13. Data Communication and Computer Networks (Theory)
14. Data Communication and Computer Networks (Practical)
15. Systems Security, Professional Values and Ethics
16. Principles and Practice of Management
17. Software Engineering
18. Project Planning and Management
19 Information Systems Management
20. Web Design, Internet Programming and e-Commerce
21. Research Methods
Information Systems Project.
After successfully completing Paper Nos. 1 to 21 above, a candidate will be required to undertake an Information Systems Project.
The candidate shall not be awarded the CICT final certificate until the candidate satisfies the examiners in the Information Systems Project.
A candidate shall be expected to complete the project within two years after completing Paper Nos. 1 to 21 in the CICT examination.
Kasneb CICT syllabus back to Kasneb main page
Kasneb CICT syllabus back to Home Page