University Of Nairobi Admission
The University of Nairobi admission is done three times in an Academic year.
* Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and
* December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce,Bachelor of Hospitality Management,Bachelor of Travel and Tourism
* April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts),Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies,Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management,Bachelor of Travel and Tourism,Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses
The advertisements for the intakes are usually carried in the local press two months before the intake and March/April for the September/October main intake.
Application forms are obtained after paying a non refundable fee, that's paid direct to the university accounts. The completed application forms, copies of certificates, two passport size photographs and two copies of the application fees receipt should be returned to the particular college.
Here are specific requirements for each program.
University of Nairobi admission into Bridging Courses.
* KCSE mean grade of C+ or equivalent and at least a C- in the subject to be bridged or equivalent.
University of Nairobi admission into Certificate Courses
* KCSE mean grade of C- or equivalent.
* An O’ level mean grade of Division III or equivalent.
* An A’ Level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent.
University of Nairobi admission into Diploma Courses
* KCSE mean grade C- or equivalent plus a Certificate
* An O’ level qualification with a minimum division III or equivalent
* An A’ level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent
* Certificates must be from an Institution recognised by the University of Nairobi Senate
* The certificates should have been undertaken for a period of at least one Semester.
University of Nairobi admission into Degree Courses.
* KCSE mean grade C+ or equivalent
* KCSE mean grade C- or equivalent plus a Certificate and Diploma
* O Level Division II or equivalent plus a Diploma
* O Level Division III or equivalent plus a Certificate and Diploma
* O Level Division III or equivalent plus a three-year Diploma from a recognized post secondary Institution for admissions to Bachelor of Education
* Diploma from University of Nairobi or other recognized institutions and an aggregate of C in KCSE or equivalent
* A Level with two principal passes or equivalent in relevant subjects Only Applicants whose results are available at the time of application will be considered
* CPAII/CPSII/CIPS or equivalent for Commerce and Arts and should have attained an aggregate of C in KCSE or O level Division III
* P1 from a two-year post secondary training institution for entry into Bachelor of Education with Minimum KCSE Mean Grade C or O Level Division III
* Higher National Diploma in relevant fields and should have attained an aggregate of C in KCSE
* Degree from a recognized University
* Equivalent qualifications to the above from institutions recognised by Senate
University of Nairobi admission into graduate courses.
* Nairobi University admission: Masters Degree:
Applicants for masters degree programmes should have a minimum of Upper Second Class Honours Degree in the relevant discipline from the University of Nairobi or Equivalent qualification from Institutions recognized by Senate. Persons with lower qualifications but with publications and postgraduate diplomas after Bachelors' degrees are also considered for admission.
* Nairobi University admission: Postgraduate Diploma & Certficates:
Applicants for Postgraduate Diplomas and Certificates should have a minimum of a pass degree.
* Nairobi University admission: Doctor of Philosophy Degree:
The applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree should have a masters degree from the University of Nairobi or an equivalent qualification from institutions recognized by Senate. In addition, the applicants should submit a research proposal showing that they are capable of carrying out original research.
Find out about University of Nairobi colleges and schools and Courses on offer at the University.
See More information on public Universities in Kenya here
To University of Nairobi Main page
From University of Nairobi admission back to Home page.
This institution is a great Unique institution. We have varied experiences about it, let's share them here
This college is a modern Institution that has played a vital role in the Kenyan higher education system. This unique institution has transformed individuals and is a great source of intellectuals in Kenya. Let's share our experiences about it.